Red Yeast Rice with CoQ10 - 120 Capsules
Red Yeast Rice with CoQ10
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already within normal range
- Promotes blood vessel and circulatory health
- Protects heart tissue from oxidative stress
- Helps inhibit oxidation of LDL cholesterol
Patient One Red Yeast Rice with Coenzyme Q10 supplies 600mg of Monascus purpureus, a preparation made from a red-colored yeast grown on white rice grains, complemented with 50mg of the antioxidant Coenzyme Q10. Together they naturally promote healthy blood cholesterol levels and support healthy cardiovascular function.
Red Yeast Rice
Maintaining healthy cholesterol levels has been shown to be an important component of cardiovascular wellness. Red yeast rice (RYR), also known as Hong Qu, has been used in Chinese food and herbal medicine for centuries and is consumed in the typical Asian diet today. Monascus yeast produces a family of substances called monacolins, including monacolin K. Monacolins act as reversible inhibitors of the 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutarylcoenzyme A reductase, the key enzyme in the cholesterol biosynthesis. In addition, red yeast rice has been found to contain sterols (β-sitosterol, campesterol, stigmasterol, and sapogenin), isoflavones and isoflavone glycosides, and monounsaturated fatty acids, all capable of lowering LDL cholesterol. Numerous studies over the past four decades have demonstrated that red yeast rice preparations are helpful in naturally maintaining blood cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
Beyond its support of heart health, RYR may be an ideal candidate for the treatment of metabolic syndrome. It has also been used to strengthen the spleen and stomach, and as such, promotes digestion, invigorates blood circulation, and eliminates blood stasis.
CoQ10 provides support to all cells throughout the body and is particularly supportive of tissues that require a lot of energy, such as the heart muscle. Coenzyme Q10 is often suppressed in those with cardiovascular conditions, and CoQ10 depletion is often associated with cholesterol-lowering statin drugs. Because there is also evidence that use of RYR can deplete coenzyme Q10, co-supplementation is recommended.
Antioxidant supplementation can be beneficial for healthy cardiovascular function by decreasing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. CoQ10 supports cardiac tissues by improving endothelial function and by having a direct anti-atherogenic effect, leading to lower blood pressure and improved myocardial contractility.
- In a multi-center, randomized, single-blind trial, 502 patients with hyperlipidemia were treated with 600 mg of Hong Qu (Red Yeast Rice) twice daily (1200 mg total per day). After four weeks of treatment, the study reported 17% reduction in total cholesterol levels, 24.6% reduction in LDL-cholesterol, 19.8% decrease in triglycerides, and a 12.8% increase in HDL-cholesterol. After 8 weeks of treatment, the study reported 22.7% reduction in total cholesterol levels, 30.9% reduction in LDL-cholesterol, 34.1% decrease in triglycerides, and a 19.9% increase in HDL-cholesterol.
- Over 1, 100 patients with heart concerns were given 50-150 mg of CoQ10 daily for three months. At study’s end, cardiologists reported that 80% of the patients enjoyed positive results by taking CoQ10 as a complementary therapy. Overall, 54% of subjects enjoyed improvement in three or more heart symptoms, which researchers interpreted as an enhancement in quality of life.
Take 1 vegetable capsule daily preferably with a meal as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Red Yeast Rice ... 600mg
(Monascus purpureus) (seed)
Coenzyme Q10 ... 50mg
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), calcium palmitate, rice flour
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, gluten, corn, or artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Do not use if you are allergic to rice or if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult your doctor before use if you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications for a cholesterol condition or intend to use this product to support cholesterol levels. Do not use if you have a history of liver disease, or are an organ transplant recipient, or have had major surgery. Discontinue use if you experience any unexplained muscle pain or tenderness, especially if accompanied by flu-like symptoms. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.